Monday, October 04, 2010

Happie Needs a Mobile Home!

For a couple years now I have been wanting to head west for the winter months, and each time I chickened out. In 2009 I was just about ready to do it, and then I got offered the chance to live at the cabin instead. It came unexpectedly, and I jumped at the chance. But I just wasn't prepared to leave my clients for three months and THEN tell them I was going away for another six.

But things went well, and now here I am again. Even moving into the cabin on May 1st this year, I knew I would have real difficulty going back to civilization (If one can call NYC such a thing...).

And so - I'm not. I have scrimped and saved, but also lost some income opportunities I had been counting on. So....money IS tight. I mean, I have enough to live on and all, but here I am, starting to look at a vehicle and - gulp - my budget is pretty skimpy. The fear of buying a junker and getting stranded in Kansas, waiting to save enough for whatever has gone wrong.... I'd rather hedge my bets beforehand.

And that's where you come in! Now, I'm not begging, nor trying to get over on society(well...maybe that). Feel free to click right away from this page and never look back! But I am NOT too proud to ask for help! And that is eaxactly what I am asking for:

If you would like to help me by donating a dollar or two, or whatever amount, towards the purchase of a pickup truck/camper, I would be very grateful. If you need no further information - here is the donate button:








If you DO desire more info, here it is! The button goes to my PayPal account, and is a safe, secure way to donate.

As for what I am looking for - I would like to get a small pickup(wishing to find a Toyota 4wd, 5 speed with a 3/4 ton capacity) and a small slide-in camper. Nothing especially luxurious, though I do want to have a propane fridge and a sleeping place atop the truck cab. No leaks in the windows would be a good thing, too....

Not that I expect to be bombarded with huge donations from the world all over, just in case that does happen.... I would cap the amount at $5,000. Anything above that amount will be donated, in equal shares, to the Mohonk Preserve, The Access Fund, and the Yosemite Climbers Association. I will also remove the Donate Buttons from this post in mid November, which is when I will hit the road.

Now - maybe you don't want to give something for nothing. That's understandable. Maybe you might like to pick up a t-shirt or some other item from my ClimbAddict shop, or maybe you could use some pretty hair accessories, from my Talisman Studios shop, or other t-shirt shop Outrageous Tees. I've been working hard with these venues to make an income, and hope you might be interested in taking a look.

I'll also be adding a new design at ClimbAddict in the next few days - "Sendit University," which will have a section set up as a "scholarship" page, where a portion of the retail price goes toward sponsoring my poor butt on the quest to live a bit off the beaten path. That should be ready by the weekend, so long as I am not rained in at the cabin and unable to get to an internet connection to work on the thing.

So.....feel free to donate. Or not. Or even donate in the form of a caustic remark in response to this post! I enjoy another person's diatribe as much as anyone, and unless I find it just too assinine, I'll likely post it. If you think I m find your remark rather unsettling, you would be right in assuming I will elect to delete it rather than publish it. If that's the case, why not create your own blog and post away. Let me know, and I'll try to pop over and make some nasty remarks that YOU can decide whether to post or not!

So - Here's the Donate Button again. Thanks for taking the time to read my request!







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If you enjoy my blog and would like to subscribe through RSS, you can click the FeedBurner Badge here. Thanks for your support!  Subscribe in a reader

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: